Thursday, August 13, 2009

I feel I cannot let this day pass unmarked.

Today, on the news, it was announced that a young man from Essex, Andre Young, had died in Crete while on holiday. Andre came from Saffron Walden, through which we walked and prayed this week.

Therefore, although I didn't know him, I feel a great hurt in my heart for his family, the people of Saffron Walden connected with him and for the land which nurtured him for the too few years of his life.

I find myself welling up as I write and face the truth that Andre is no longer here. Why?

I don't have answers for happenings like this but I still declare that God is a loving God who always does good things. This is the truth - it is not he who has done this.

I must remember to remember that - because sometimes it is hard.

No comments: